In order for you to volunteer as a coach or a referee, AYSO National requires that you perform the following –
- Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO Database through eAYSO – this is an annual requirement
- Complete on-line AYSO Safe Haven Certification Training – this is a one-time requirement
Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO database through eAYSO.
Registration of volunteers in the National AYSO database is an annual requirement and must be completed prior to starting the season or you cannot coach or referee.
- Go to www.eayso.com to register as a volunteer for this season. If you have registered as a volunteer in prior years, your information will already be in the database. Be sure to verify that all of it is correct and current, especially your email address!
- Register only yourself in eAYSO. Please do not register your children as players in eAYSO!
- Once you have entered the required information online, print and bring (2) copies of your completed eAYSO volunteer form along with a drivers license or passport to any of the following –
- Your Division Coordinator
- Your Next Training Session (if prior to the start of the season)
- The Coaches Meeting
- The Referee Refresher Training
- Walk-In Registration
- Your Child and Volunteer Protection Advocate (CVPA)
- A Regional Board Member
- For new coaches and referees, the volunteer forms and your ID validation are required in order to get an eAYSO ID in order to take Safe Haven Training online. This will be issued within 24 hours an can be viewed online in eAYSO.
- Once you have turned in your volunteer forms, you will be issued your eAYSO ID within 24 hours so that you can take Safe Haven training online. AYSO National has separate Safe Haven classes for referees and coaches.
If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please email our Child and Protection Advocate at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the online AYSO Safe Haven Certification (30 – 45 minutes).
Completion of AYSO Safe Haven Certification is a one-time requirement for all coaches and referees. Once you have taken the training, it is good for life. There may be opportunities for taking this training in person, but the easiest way to complete this requirement it to take the training online.
- You must have your eAYSO ID in order to sign into the online class. You can view this by logging into www.eayso.com.
- Visit aysotraining.org, AYSO’s online certification and training site.
- Choose the Safe Haven course (same for Coaches and Referees).
- Print a copy of the certificate of completion after you have finished the course.
- Please bring a copy of this certificate to any training session you might attend – especially for any first time referee or coach training sessions