Welcome Back Returning Referees!
Returning Referee Procedures
All returning referees must go through the following three steps in order to referee matches in our region.
Step 1: Check if you need additional training and register for the class(es) you plan to attend.
- U10: If you have completed only the “U8 Official” class, you must take the U8-to-Basic Referee Upgrade class. Review the schedule of classes on the referee training calendar, then signup on eAYSO.org following these instructions.
- U12/U14: If you have completed only the “Basic (Regional) Referee” training, please consider taking the “Intermediate Referee” class this season. It is not a strict requirement but it is highly recommended, especially to be assigned as center referee on boys games. Please visit the Area 2A Training Calendar for details on up-coming Intermediate Referee classes or check with your Referee Administrator.
- Referees transferring from another AYSO region: As long as your existing certification was recorded on your eAYSO account you don’t need to take the same training again, just check if you need to upgrade.
- USSF referees: if you have a current USSF certification no additional AYSO training is necessary. Please fill out a cross-certification form and return it to the referee admin with a copy of your USSF card for the current year. You still need to do Step 2 and 3!
Step 2: Re-register as a volunteer in the National AYSO database through eAYSO.
- Follow the Volunteer Registration portion of our Volunteer Registration page to re-register as a volunteer for this season.
- Please bring 2 copies of your completed eAYSO volunteer form to your next training session or to the pre-season “Refresher” meeting.
Step 3: Attend your Upgrade classes or the Referee Refresher meeting.
- Attend the Upgrade class you signed up for.
- For ALL OTHER returning referees, AYSO National requires one continuing education class each year. Region 45 provides a “referee refresher” meeting to meet this requirement where we cover changes in our local policies and procedures, FIFA rules, etc. This is also the opportunity to check your equipment. Please visit the referee training calendar for the date and location of this class.
Thank you for volunteering again this year! If you have any question please email the Referee Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.