In compliance with AYSO’s National Coaching Program, AYSO Region 45 offers a number of Coach Training Courses during the month of August. Training to or above the level of team you are coaching is required for head coaches and strongly encouraged for assistant coaches.
|Division You Are Coaching||Minimum Coach Training Requirement|
|U07 and U08||U-8|
|U16 and U19||Advanced (See Note)|
Note: One exception to the above requirement is that for 2012, AYSO Area 2A is only requiring U16 and U19 coaches to be Intermediate Coach Certified.
The only pre-requisite for the U-6, U-8, U-10 and U-12 Coach Certification courses is to be Safe Haven for Coach certified. The Intermediate Coach Certification course requires U-12 certification as a pre-requisite and the Advanced Coach Certification course requires Intermediate Coach Certification.
Please Pre-Register for the course you plan on attending.
1) Go to www.eayso.org and log in
2) Find “Lookup – Courses” in the lower right area of the screen and click on it
3) Find the Roster # of the course you plan to attend in the table above and enter it in the RosterNumber field and click on “Search”
4) Click on the bubble to the left side of the Course Name and click on “Course Signup”
5) Type in your Last Name and then click on “Search for a Volunteer” and your name should now pop up
6) Click on the bubble to the left of your name then click “Add Attendee to Program Roster”.
7) A reminder that you must be a registered AYSO volunteer and be AYSO Safe Haven certified prior to taking any coach training course. Please visit our New Coaches or Returning Coaches page for instructions.
Congratulations! You are now signed up for a coach certification course.
All Area 2A and most Region 45 sponsored coach training sessions are open to any AYSO coach from any region who wishes to attend. The coach training offered in August 2012 is in conjunction with our annual Coaches’ Meeting and will be limited to Region 45 coaches.
Other nearby Regions and Areas also offer training. Please follow their instructions and RSVP so that they know the quantity of training material to order. Please remember that you are a guest when you take training in their region/area.
On-line training is available for U-8 and U-10. Although not a substitute for the experience gained by taking the courses in person, the U-8 coach on-line course satisfies the requirement for being U-8 Coach Certified. The U-10 course requires a field portion to finish the certification process which is not currently offered stand-alone.
Coaches who have Intermediate Coach Certification are encouraged to attend the Advanced Coach Certification at AYSO Section 2′s Golden Gate Camp. This is a two-and-a half day residential clinic at Menlo College in Atherton for coaches of U16 and U19 teams. The dates are [TBD], so plan ahead for next summer. Register at the Section 2 site.