Becoming an AYSO 45 Coach
All new coaches must go through the following four steps in order to coach in our region.
Step 1: Register as a volunteer in the National AYSO database through eAYSO.
Step 2: Complete the online Safe Haven class (20-30 minutes).
- Please visit the Safe Haven portion of our Volunteer Registration page to take Safe Haven training.
- Please bring a copy of your AYSO Safe Haven Certificate to your next training session. Coaches will not receive credit at the end of the training class without verification that they are Safe Haven certified.
Step 3: If you are not yet trained, register for the coach certification training class(es) you plan to attend.
- Please visit our Coach Training Page for a list of available classes.
- The training calendar also has links to the training classes offered by other AYSO regions in our area, such as Palo Alto, Sunnyvale, and Cupertino. Coaches may take the training class in any AYSO region.
Step 4: Attend your classes.
- Attend the class you signed up for. A record of your attendance will be entered into the eAYSO National database and you will be certified at the end of the class.