AYSO Region 45 Board Seeks Volunteer Coordinator, Registrar, and Spring Select Administrator
Wednesday, October 3, 2012, 7:06
AYSO Region 45 Board Seeks Volunteer Coordinator, Registrar and Spring Select Administrator
1. The Volunteer Coordinator serves on the AYSO Region 45 board, facilitating coordination of volunteers (not focused on coaches or referees) throughout the season and post-season. Over 25 people serve on the Board of Directors or as Division Coordinators making soccer possible for over 2,000 kids in the fall and 250 in the spring. The volunteer coordinator does the following:
- Reviews volunteer sign-up information in webyouthsoccer (software we all used to enroll our kids) and actively reaches out to those volunteers to schedule them for various functions. Much of this communication is via e-mail. Training on how to navigate this easy-to-use software is provided.
- Attends the board meeting every 4th Tuesday of the month in the evening.
- Actively recruits needed positions from parent base.
- Please see our job description page for more information.
- Absolutely must buy into the AYSO vision and mission, the reasons we do this:
VISION: AYSO provides world class youth soccer program that enriches children’s lives.
MISSION: Develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs in a fun, family environment based on Six Principles – Everyone Plays, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development.
2. Our Registrar will train under the existing registar (whose children will be aging out of program within a year) signing up over 2,000 kids for our fall program. This position is fun and rewarding. The registrar needs to attend only one or two sign-up events in person. The remaining signups are online with primary communication via email. Follow this link for a full registrar job description.
3. Spring Select Administrator. Every year, kids from our U10 through U19 fall programs are eligible to try out for “select” teams that play in leagues and tournaments during late winter and spring. if your child has been involved in Spring Select in the past and you enjoyed what it had to offer as an “extra” program for AYSO, we need your help. You can learn from the incumbent Sprint Select Administrator this spring. This job primarily consists of following:
- Establish criteria for coach selection and facilitate meetings with the Spring Select Committee which consists of several existing board members, including the Regional Commissioner.
- Solicit coach applications from all U10 & above coaches early in the fall season. This occurs mostly via e-mail and much of this work is already setup in Survey Monkey from prior years.
- Consolidate information for committee to select coach or coaches for each age and gender division.
- Solicit player applications for each age and gender division which coaches can then access and use (typically Survey Monkey) for setting up tryouts.
- Coordinate efforts across various coaches and field coordinator for their tryouts. Review players selected for each team and, along with Spring Select Committee, review and approve or provide feedback on proposed team selections ensuring enough volunteers are included among players chosen to fulfill coach and team referee requirements.
- Train to setup rosters in www.eayso.org (national organization website) ensuring all players, coaches and teams are elgible for leagues and tourneys to which they apply. There are backups for you so you are never alone in this.
- Contact coaches on key application opening / deadline dates (tourneys / dates will be identified by committee). For example, Davis Cup registration opening as this tourney fills quickly.
- Assist the Regional Commissioner in settling any issues related to Spring Select that may crop up..
Please contact the Regional Commissioner Brian Eugeni via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about what you can do to help.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0
Both comments and pings are currently closed.
Comments are closed for this Article !